At the end of each calendar year, the Orleans County Historical Society holds an Annual Appeal, providing an avenue for people who value the Old Stone House Museum to financially support the important work of the OCHS. We help to educate over 1,500 people per year through tours, children’s programs, and adult enrichment classes. Join us in our goal to inspire our future by giving life to our past!
Below are examples of how last year’s donations impacted the programming at the Old Stone House Museum:
- Created new programs and events for the community, including Paint n’ Sips (highlighting the use of historic mediums), a Local Music Series (featuring artists from the Northeast Kingdom and beyond), a Reminiscences Series (inviting seniors to share their stories), and more!
- Collaborated with the Dailey Memorial Library in Derby, VT, in the construction of their timberframe Solar roof gazebo.
- Expanded the weekly Kids’ Fridays program designed for kids pre-k-12. Heritage crafts/arts and a free lunch to follow!
- Coordinated adult enrichment classes through the season, including Wood Carving, Healing Salves, Paper-making, Rug Braiding, Basket Weaving, Blacksmithing, and more.
- Dawned a new era in the annual Time Traveler’s Day Camp, bringing over 40 kids into the woods to recreate Pioneer and Abenaki campsites, and learn traditional arts and crafts.
Our vision for 2020 continues this theme with new and exciting programming, which includes:
- Celebrating the 225th birthday of progressive educator Alexander Twilight, with special exhibits and programming throughout the season.
- Creating an Education Center for young children and their families.
- Planning and Phase 1 construction of multi-use, handicapped accessible trails with interpretive signage.
- Continuing the improvement of archival and object storage.
- Stimulating programs and events throughout the year for audiences of all ages.
But none of this happens without your help!
Make history happen with a tax-deductible gift to our Annual Fund.
Use our secure payment server by clicking on the “Support Now” button.
We are so grateful for your support. Thank you!