Covid 19/ Novel Coronavirus Mitigation Plan
For the health of our community-
OSH COVID19 Mitigation Plan
Please follow the following precautions to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus:
- DO NOT come to the office ill
- Wash hands with soap and water for a full 20 seconds upon entering and exiting the building
- Wipe down surfaces before leaving. Surfaces include bathroom facilities, door handles, computer keyboards and mouse, railings, tabletops, etc.
- Cover coughs
- Do not shake hands, hug or be within 3 feet of other individuals
- Turn heat up when here, back down to 50 degrees when leaving
- Purchase and encourage the use of sanitizer for each office and common space
- Volunteers and auxiliary personnel should refrain from coming into the office
- Work from home when possible
- When possible, arrange phone or virtual meetings. Avoid in-person meetings
- Check voicemail and email remotely on a daily basis
- Set up contingency plans for large gatherings such as Spring Field Days, Gas Steam & Engine Show, etc.
- Set up contingency plan for season opening
In the Event of Further Closures
- Follow the recommendations made by the VT Health Department and CDC–
- We plan to open on May 15th as usual. We will keep the public updated with changes.
Molly Veysey, Executive Director
This year’s Stars Party is set for Friday, August 30, 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Join us for stargazing, good food & drink and lots of music! For more info and advance tickets: https://oldstonehousemuseum.org/stars-party/
The Old Stone House Historic Village has become the ‘Fourth Historic House’, as part of ‘Quatre Maisons Historiques’. Ask for a green wrist band when you pay admission at the Old Stone House and receive a 10% discount on admission to any of our new historic house family members. Use this link to learn more: https://oldstonehousemuseum.org/four-historic-houses/
Old Stone House Day is set for Sunday, August 11, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Several events are planned, including the ever popular pie auction! For more information, please use this link: https://oldstonehousemuseum.org/old-stone-house-day/
Join us as we read together the fiery July 5, 1852 speech in which the great abolitionist orator Frederick Douglass took exception to being asked to commemorate the signing of the Declaration of Independence. This is a participatory event. Community members are invited to witness and/or join in the reading. Copies of the speech will be provided.
The reading is set to begin at 1:00 pm in the Old Stone House, first floor
Join award-winning author Robert Grandchamp for a lecture about Albany Civil War Soldier Bradley J. Norris. Robert will include details on how to research a Civil War soldier, as well as stay for questions & answers. His research on the Albany Civil War Soldier was recently published in the Vermont Historical Society’s History Journal.
We will meet at the Brownington Congregational Church in our Historic Village, and refreshments will be served. We look forward to seeing you as we honor our military this Memorial Day.
Please use this link for additional details: https://oldstonehousemuseum.org/robert-grandchamp-lecture/
New for 2019! Join us Saturday mornings, starting May 18th, for an hour of stretching, relaxation and improve your flexibility. Weather permitting, classes will be held outside or at the Grammar School. For more information, visit our web page: https://oldstonehousemuseum.org/community-yoga/ Namaste!
New for 2019 – Museum staff & volunteers will be hosting four theme-based potluck dinners to share your memories & learn the personal stories of our community’s history. Use this link for more info:
Join us Sunday, March 24th at 3:00 pm for a mixed genre, acoustical musical event. Proceeds will benefit our Historic Green Spaces Project initiatives. The Seymour Sisters and The Bakers will share their musical talents at the Brownington Congregational Church. Refreshments and reception to follow.
Registration is now open for our 2019 classes – ‘Integrating Outdoor Education Across the Curricula’ and ‘Storetellers’. Select the ‘Learn’ option from the navigation bar, then ‘Educators’ Professional Development’ for details.