Collections & Research
The Orleans County Historical Society was established in 1853 and brought the Old Stone House under it’s management in 1917. In addition to managing the six buildings, observatory and grounds of the Brownington Village Historic District, the Orleans County Historical Society holds over 75,000 objects in it’s permanent collection and oversees an extensive archive and research library.
The Library and Archives are available for research by appointment or request only. See our Library and Archives Use Policies and Fees for more information.
*Please note that due to the continued effects of COVID-19 we cannot accommodate in person research appointments at this time. However, we continue to welcome research inquires by phone or email. Email Mahala Nyberg, Associate Director of Collections & Programs or call (802) 754-2022 to make an inquiry.